Cowboy Salad Recipe
This recipe was developed by me for Safeway whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
Hey gang! How was your weekend? Was it filled with the sweet smell of freedom, or tears because now you have to figure out a way to entertain your kids for two and a half months? HA. Or maybe your kids are still in school?
Our final day was last Thursday. And I rejoiced. Fifth and third grade were no picnic, so we are going to relish this break; swim, travel, relax, and hang out with friends whom we never get to see! And yes, I’ve got camps lined up…because I’m not crazy. Lol.
- 1-2 hearts of romaine lettuce, cut into strips
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced, sprinkled with lime juice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lime juice together until smooth, then set aside.
- Place romaine strips in a large bowl, then top with corn, beans, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion and cilantro.
- Pour on dressing and toss together to combine.
- Let rest 15-20 minutes before serving, giving flavors a chance to build. Enjoy!