This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is ultra moist, loaded with chocolate and zucchini that’s out of this world delicious! If you love a good moist chocolate cake then this zucchini bread is for you. It’s quick and super easy to make!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt (nonfat or whole)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- Extra chocolate chips for topping
- Move the oven rack to just below the mid-way point. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a loaf pan by buttering it or spraying it with nonstick spray.
Shred the zucchini using a large hole cheese grater. Lightly squeeze the zucchini with paper towels so that the zucchini is not dripping, but so that it is still moist.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate small bowl (or glass measuring cup), whisk together eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Use a fork to mix the egg/sugar mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until fully incorporated, and there are few lumps.
- Use a spatula to fold in the zucchini, pushing the dough around to make sure the zucchini is evenly spread throughout. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, scraping down the sides. Loosely scatter chocolate chips on top of the batter to your liking. (I probably use about ½ cup.)
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool, in the pan, on a wire rack. When it is cool enough to handle the pan, tip bread out onto wire rack. It should slide out easily.
- Slice and serve! This bread can be wrapped in tin foil or placed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator. It can also be sealed in a plastic bag (after it is completely cool to the touch) and stored on the counter.