I’m sharing this recipe today, because I’ve had this exact same conversation multiple times in the last couple years. First a friend wants to know what “that soup” is called. Then they ask for a recipe.
This classic Hibachi restaurant favorite is a light and healthy soup to soothe the soul.
- 2 onions [diced]
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water [whichever you have at hand]
- 2 celery stalks [diced]
- 2 carrots [peeled and diced]
- 2 garlic cloves [minced]
- handful button mushrooms [thinly sliced]
- handful sliced scallions
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste soy sauce
- to taste Sriracha
- Sauté the onions in a pot in a little bit of oil until slightly browned.
- Add the carrot, celery, and garlic and 6 cups of vegetable broth/water.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strain the veggies from the broth and add the mushrooms and scallions before serving.